More detailed instructions needed

technosf onerng.10.technomation at xoxy.net
Wed Jun 17 17:16:04 BST 2015

Looking through onerng.sh the difference between Debian and Arch are becoming more apparent.

I manually tried stopping, starting the onerng and drawing down some entropy with:

    stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 raw -echo clocal -crtscts
    echo "cmdo" >/dev/ttyACM0
    echo "cmd0" >/dev/ttyACM0
    echo "cmdO" >/dev/ttyACM0
    dd if=/dev/ttyACM0 of=/dev/null bs=10K count=2000

And the led dims for 10 seconds. So the h/w works AFAICT.

Kicking off onerng from udev, rather than say systemd is interesting. The onerng.sh needs work to run on my Arch system... but I'll give it a try. Certainly rngd works in the forground with:

     rngd -f -n 1 -d 1 -r /dev/ttyACM0 -o /dev/random

But having it work in systemd.... I think the -f flag causes systemd start to hang, and without it, rngd languases with no entropy arriving at /dev/random.

Will investigate further.

Thanks