firmware build yaks!

Paul Warren pwarren at pwarren.id.au
Thu Jun 18 03:11:56 BST 2015

Hi folks,

I've managed to get the CCLoad app to build on debian 7, something gets
confused and tries to use the 'QStringLiteral' macro, which I beleive is
a QT5 thing, and uses 'QtWidgets/$QT_SUBLIB" which is also a QT5 thing.

So, replacing all instances of
'QStringLiteral' to 'QString'
and
'QtWidgets/' to ''
in the generated files 'src/ui_prefs.base.h' and
'src/ui_ccloadview_base.h' and it compiles properly!

So, next I try to build the firmware.

After:
sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev cmake ccache gawk bison
libboost-graph-dev

The SDCC toolchain needs a:
make clean && make
sudo make install

which works fine on debian 7.

When I try with debian 8, the SDCC build fails with:
bfd.h:524:65: error: right-hand operand of comma expression has no
effect [-Werror=unused-value]

and I stopped trying to shave the yaks on Debian 8 about then :)

Back on debian 7, running make on the firmware source gives:
make: *** No rule to make target `validate.c', needed by `validate.rel'.
 Stop.

linking val/validate.c into the firmware root gets it further, to a
point where the make fails with:
?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global '_crlf' referenced by modeul 'cdc_app'
make: *** [cdc_app.ihx] Error 2

but it creates the .ihx file, and another make gets me a signed image
(after I substitute my key ID in the Makefile on line 114)

It loads onto my v1.0 board, and even works when I disable the
verification:

cat /dev/random | rngtest -c 128
<<SNIP>>
ngtest: bits received from input: 2560032
rngtest: FIPS 140-2 successes: 128
rngtest: FIPS 140-2 failures: 0
<<SNIP>>
rngtest: input channel speed: (min=73.619; avg=100.216;
max=1772.185)Kibits/s

I've modified /sbin/onerng_verify.sh to check with my gpg public key,
but it fails with: invalid firmware signature.

Is there something else I need to do to get the verification working
with a different key? What bits will you need from me to be able to chec
k?

Also Is there a copy of the factory image I can load?

Cheers
- --
Paul