[onerng talk] firmware build yaks!

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Thu Jun 18 03:29:24 BST 2015

first of all congrats on getting that far :-) - (you should be able to have
got away with the pre-built sdcc binaries ....)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:11:56 Paul Warren wrote:
>Back on debian 7, running make on the firmware source gives:
>make: *** No rule to make target `validate.c', needed by `validate.rel'.
 Stop.

my fault - I've now checked in the correct validate.c which was moved

>linking val/validate.c into the firmware root gets it further, to a
>point where the make fails with:
>?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global '_crlf' referenced by modeul 'cdc_app'

that will fix this too

> I've modified /sbin/onerng_verify.sh to check with my gpg public key,
> but it fails with: invalid firmware signature.
>
> Is there something else I need to do to get the verification working
> with a different key? What bits will you need from me to be able to chec
> k?

nothing obvious (but you did to load the full image right? not just the .ihx
file - it will take a very long time) - it's always been my expectation that
people who've built their own firmware images wont need to sign them (you
built it after all you trust yourself) and will simply load the .ihx file and
disable the check in /etc/onerng.conf

> Also Is there a copy of the factory image I can load?

I'll happily send you one but it will take forever to load - I'd recommend
downloading the new code, build and and load that and disable the signature
check

	Paul