[onerng talk] firmware build yaks!

Paul Warren pwarren at pwarren.id.au
Thu Jun 18 08:21:29 BST 2015

On 18/06/15 12:29, Paul Campbell wrote:
> first of all congrats on getting that far :-) - (you should be able
> to have got away with the pre-built sdcc binaries ....)

Thanks :)

On both debians sdcc complained about a missing GLIBC_2_19 symbol when
run and nothing was actually installed into /usr/local/share/sdcc,
doing the make clean and make and it was all happy, at least on debian 7
.

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:11:56 Paul Warren wrote:
>> Back on debian 7, running make on the firmware source gives:
>> make: *** No rule to make target `validate.c', needed by
>> `validate.rel'.
> Stop.
>
> my fault - I've now checked in the correct validate.c which was
> moved
>
>> linking val/validate.c into the firmware root gets it further, to
>> a point where the make fails with: ?ASlink-Warning-Undefined
>> Global '_crlf' referenced by modeul 'cdc_app'
>
> that will fix this too

Confirmed all fixed. Thanks!

>> I've modified /sbin/onerng_verify.sh to check with my gpg public
>> key, but it fails with: invalid firmware signature.
>>
>> Is there something else I need to do to get the verification
>> working with a different key? What bits will you need from me to
>> be able to chec k?
>
> nothing obvious (but you did to load the full image right? not just
> the .ihx file - it will take a very long time) - it's always been
> my expectation that people who've built their own firmware images
> wont need to sign them (you built it after all you trust yourself)
> and will simply load the .ihx file and disable the check in
> /etc/onerng.conf

Yes, it took many minutes to write to the OneRNG!

I'll probably revisit validating once I've actually had a think about
what I want my firmware port to do, and got it running :)

>> Also Is there a copy of the factory image I can load?
>
> I'll happily send you one but it will take forever to load - I'd
> recommend downloading the new code, build and and load that and
> disable the signature check
>
> Paul

Yeah it's ok, I may want to put my device back to factory condition
later!  But I have my internal kickstarter version that I'll be
putting in to prod.

A bit OT, but are general orders available yet? Have a friend who
wants to order a half dozen or so.

- --
Paul Warren