[onerng talk] review of RNGs

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Sat Jul 11 12:44:14 BST 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Philipp Gühring <pg at futureware.at> wrote:

> > about
>
> So how should we design those fields exactly?
> OpenSource driver: Yes/No
> OpenHardware design: Yes/No
> Any other ideas while we are at changing the columns?

Yes, oddly enough things I think OneRNG is good at:
* Entropy Sources (e.g. Avalanche/RF)
** Configurable by user (i.e. choose which sources to use)
* Raw output available (i.e. mode with no whitening)
** Whitening method (e.g. CRC16, AES)
* Firmware updateable?
** Updatable over USB?
* Firmware signature able to be verified by user?

Collect the official website & contact details, and when you add more
columns you'll be able to let manufacturers know.

Possibly also keep the raw data files publicaly available on something like
Amazon S3, so others can analyse them with new tools.

-jim