[onerng talk] Interesting project: JackPair

ianG iang at iang.org
Thu Oct 30 11:33:16 GMT 2014

I suspect the problem with this is more the market:  who are you trying
to protect by allowing them to make anonymous phone calls?  Most people
most of the time don't want that because they know who they are talking
to and their callee knows them by voice, regardless.  So there isn't
much of a p2p point here.

There is the trackability question, but the asterisk trick can't do much
there because each phone call has a nice time signature that is very
hard to break up.

OTOH, there is a big market for bad phone calls such as direct
marketing.  I'm not sure why you would want to support those people.

Not to mention, a bit off topic for this group :)

iang