[onerng talk] An update ....

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 11 07:09:40 GMT 2014

Paul Campbell <paul at taniwha.com> writes:

>I haven't gone away but I have been busy - firmware is AFAIK finished and
>working - I'm sure bugs will surface, I've been writing technical docs -
>they're in a partly finished state and not publicly  linked yet - please
>check them out at:
>
>        http://www.moonbaseotago.com/onerng/

Just a random question here, in my copious spare time recently I've been doing
a bit of reading about USB SDR applications, what about taking a data stream
from a DVB-T/DAB stick and using that as an entropy source?  Since you're
getting the raw data (before processing and error correction), which should be
relatively unpredictable and differ over time, that would also seem like a
good entropy source.

>I'm off to China at the end of the month mostly on a "learning how to operate
>in China" trip but I'll be looking out for manufactyrers

I assume you've read the Australian Freetronics guys' writeup on this...

http://www.freetronics.com/pages/the-ultimate-electronics-hobbyists-guide-to-shenzhen

Bunnie Huang also has various posts on his blog about dealing with Shenzhen:

http://www.bunniestudios.com/

(alongside the ever-interesting Name That Ware series).

Peter.