[onerng talk] A message of support

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Wed Jan 29 22:38:36 GMT 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:17:01 Paul Warren wrote:
> I'm not sure if a kickstarter is the direction the OneRNG project is
> heading, but Robert Ghilduta from Nuand.com (BladeRF SDR peripheral)
> is very interested in the OneRNG project, and has asked me to pass on
> the  message hat he'd be happy to send a message to BladeRF
> kickstarter backers if OneRNG should do a kickstarter.

I think that's the direction I'm heading in, I need to get working parts to
Beta testers before I announce on Kickstarter -

I have working code using the stock Linux drng daemon (/dev/random starts
making numbers at a nice rate) Some help with Mac/Windows integration would be
useful (hint hint).

Currently the board firmware is all written but but not all tested in
particular I haven't turned on the alternate randomness source (RF sniffer) and
characterised it.

I'm thinking of structuring a kickstarter somewhat along the lines of:

1st level: Chinese manufactured  OneRng in volume ($50)
2nd Level: Self manufactured OneRng ($100) (limit 350)
3rd level: Self manufactured OneRng plus programmer ($150) (limit 50)

The numbers are just vague guesses at the moment - I have a small pick and
place machine and can knock out small manufacturing runs - if the kickstarter
were successful the "self-manufactured" parts would likely have a ~6 week
turnaround while the Chinese  manufactured parts are more likely to be ~3-6
months. So the premium is how quickly you get one.

The programmer/OneRNG combo is for the person who wants to take the published
open source code and hack on it to their heart's content - it's the same
programmer, or its replacement (which the OneRNG is based on) shown at
http://www.moonbaseotago.com for our slowly unfolding RF projects

	Paul