[onerng talk] Different form factor

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Wed Dec 17 11:09:44 GMT 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:39:48 Jim Cheetham wrote:
> These might be good stretch goals/rewards after we get to base funding ... ?

So I taped out a quick mPCIe card and sent it to the board house - just a
proto, not close to a real product just something to play with - it would need
its own manufacturing test infrastructure, and we can't hit the low form
factor without changing the shielding and crystal  - I'll put one in my Novena
when it arrives

Full PCIe doesn't have a USB so they're out, building an internal device as
described  is quite doable, the fun trick would be to make a part that can be
manufactured into either

> I wasn't sure about the transparent board suggestion though, that
> sounded like it would be very expensive.

yeah - it would be hard, I'll ask around

	Paul