*****SPAM***** Re: [onerng talk] Windows info

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Sat Dec 27 12:47:50 GMT 2014

Spam detection software, running on the system "patu", has

Content preview:  On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 23:00:45 Jim Cheetham wrote: > >From the
   recent reddit thread this turned up ... > > """ > [–]jib 4 points 2 days
   ago > I don't know anything about Windows development, but... > Applications
   will get random numbers with CryptGenRandom > (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379942.aspx).
   In Windows Vista > and later, I think this is implemented as part of CNG
  > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_CryptoAPI). cng.sys manages the
  > entropy pool and contains some not-officially-documented functions such
  as > EntropyRegisterSource; see > http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1328.pdf
   . > Maybe you could write a driver that uses these functions to inject entropy
   > into Windows' pool, enabling unmodified applications to make use of the
   > OneRNG. """ [...]

 pts rule name              description
-1.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
-2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
                            [score: 0.0000]
  15 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list