[chbot] Anyone tried Embeetle?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 08:33:00 GMT 2024

After a little bit of fiddling (setting up a couple of libraries etc), I
have the blinky LED going with the debugger etc. Running at 144MHz.
Using a Linux host.

I bought this kit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005069239098.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.24.7cd71802kcztxk

It has the WCH debugger, a board with the CH32V203 (which I am testing) and
another board with the lower cost (and slower) CH32V003.
It even comes with 5 of each micro in tapes!
The whole kit costs around $NZ27.

There is also a "black pill"-ish form factor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004908206775.html

The CH32V003 is the ridiculously cheap "10 cent micro". 32-bit RISCV
running at 48MHz. (NZ 20 cents each off Aliexpress in low volumes).

I am looking at the CH32V203 because I want to use the 144MHz clock with a
PWM to get the resolution I am after.  This is about NZ $1 in very small
volumes.