[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 201, Issue 2

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Tue Jun 4 02:37:22 BST 2024

Hi Robin

Thanks for the tip Robin. I have ordered some new Borne encoders from Mouser.
The original were 24 way, a bit extreme so I have ordered some 12 way.  Easy
enough to open the unit and remove the old ones. Now I have to wait till
Monday for the new ones. .

I'll add in the 10nf caps as well.

Encoders are not that great. My Tenma PSU as well as our microwave have the
same issues.

In my 50 years or so, I probably have only replaced 1 maybe 2 linear pots.

See the internals here. Some corrosion on the fingers.

http://www.marshland.co.nz/ftp/Misc/Pot.JPG

Cheers Wallace