[chbot] GCC and recursion

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Apr 14 03:54:01 BST 2024

Yup, for doing real-work ATmega, STM32, or RISC-V has it, no question.

Having said that, newer projects tend to be FPGA based with a small CPU
orchestrating complex logic.

I built a Threaded Interpretive Language when I was a kid, based on the
book of the same name (ISBN 978-0070383609). Ran on a 6809 and was
hugely weird/fascinating at the time (TIL, not 6809).