[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, 5 Idris Rd, 630pm, Monday 17 July 2023

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jul 17 10:54:58 BST 2023

Hello everyone,

Good turnout with 24 attendees, and lots of huddles-of tech-talk. $42 +
change (in gold, and flat-money) collected and transferred into the
robotics loose-change jar (for later banking).

All sales from the trading table should go into the brown box on the
wall, and are directly for the benefit of our host club, Christchurch
Amateur Radio Club, NZART Branch 05.

Equipment donations are welcome for the trading table, but no CRT based
product, printers, toner or items that are likely to be a disposal burden.

With thanks on behalf of the group,

Mark Atherton

--------

Mark concluded the talk about a drop in replacement PCB/CPU to upgrade a
low-cost Flashlight. Despite the apparent simplicity of the application,
much was learned.

Mark also talked about the vector-readout display technology used in
1970s vintage Tektronix 7000 series oscilloscopes. The heart of the
issue being an analogue character generator ROM.

Robin talked about various signaling formats, including ASYNC, SLIP,
KISS, and HDLC.

Rudy talked about the IOT water meters being installed around NZ, as
well as the general move to IOT for power monitoring and street lighting
control.

Andrew talked about his home-brew, high accuracy deviation meter.

James talked about his GPS referenced 10.000MHz reference oscillator.

With apologies to William and Charlie, we just ran out of time.
Hopefully we will hear from you next month.