[chbot] Cutting acrylic sheet

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 13:03:24 BST 2023

Years ago in the UK I used a round Abra file held in a hacksaw frame for
cutting plastic like this:
https://www.sureweld.net/products/dpr13609-abra-carbide-file-250mm.html
I've not seen them in recently NZ, but did get something similar in Smiths
City 20+years back.
The last time I needed to cut plastic sheet encased in metal my mitre saw
cut respectable slots for slide potentiometers.
Maybe you could find someone with a suitable laser cutter?
Christchurch City library have a laser cutter for dimensions up to 600 x
400mm: https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/laser-cutting/

Richard