[chbot] Lost nut - need replacement

Robin Gilks gb7ipd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 01:09:33 BST 2023

I seem to have lost the nut/locking ring on the ignition barrel of my
tractor. This means it is trying to drop down the back of the panel - if it
does then it looks like an engine out job to get to it!!

There is only about 5-6mm of thread to measure so I can't even determine
accurately whether it's metric or imperial.

Based on what I CAN measure it is either 20mm with a 1mm pitch thread or
25/32 or 13/16 with a 28 TPI pitch thread and I guess the overall diameter
is 1.25inch/ 32mm and about 0.25inch/6mm thick

Most likely imperial (John Deere is a US company) but it does have metric
parts (Yanmar engine!!)

Not the sort of stock that Blacks are likely to have but someone might
recognise the size as a standard one

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks