[chbot] RS232 FILTER

Trevor Wignall zl3adz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:52:51 BST 2022

An alternative might be to use an isolated USB extender, which may be based
on fibre-optics or on ethernet technology, so the USB-RS232 adapter can be
plugged directly into the CNC machine. Probably not a cheap solution but
possibly a last-resort...
It might also pay to watch out for a build-up of static electricity when
the machine is in use, in case the pulse from a discharge is coupling into
the CNC electronics via the RS232 cable.