[chbot] VFD with Chocolate fish.

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 30 08:08:20 BST 2021

Sounds like the factory modified the product (wrongly) then shipped it
without testing it.

Three phase inputs (L1, L2, L3) should go the the bridge rectifier via
R, S & T.

I have a couple of 3 ph VSDs that don't trip with under voltage if you
use single phase, and attach phase to L1, and neutral to L2.

Before you go any further, what is the voltage rating of the reservoir
cap(s) directly after the bridge rectifier ?

I would expect at least 385V caps for the 240V model and 620V caps (can
you get these ?) for the 3 ph 415V variant.

-mark