[chbot] [OT] Password manager

chris at trash.co.nz chris at trash.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 02:34:58 GMT 2021

Hi,

Yes, the official Bitwarden back-end self-hosted or in their cloud is
MS-SQL + .net core on Linux.

The server code and the front end apps/webUI are all FOSS.  The database
engine and compiler for the official engine is not.

It all depends on where you draw the pragmatic vs 'it must be FOSS'
line.  I tend to fall well at the pragmatic end of that scale. ;-)

- Chris H.

And yes, MS-SQL is not opensource, but your un-encrypted user data never
touches that layers so who cares?