[chbot] recommendations for inexpensive 2 axis "cnc"

andrew dean nzandydean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:40:26 BST 2020

I was toying with a puzzle in an upcoming "war bunker" room where i wanted
to have some pieces on a "war map" move on their own.  I was thinking of
placing below the table an electromagnet on a pair of  motors driving the
X/Y axis that would allow me to "grab" an object from a location" and
"drag" it mysteriously and magically to another location.

Does anybody have any personal recommendations for a motor/frame/controller
setup with a documented arduino library of some kind (that also is fairly
budget cause i'm cheap) that would allow range of motion roughly 500-600mm
square?  accuracy isn't super critical.

cheers!
-andrew