[chbot] 3D printer of choice for 2020

Michael Dawson misterschmoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:41:58 GMT 2020

*I can recommend the Tevo Tarantula Pro

$320 from aliexpress with no shipping https://tinyurl.com/sxjdowq

This thing has been bulletproof, I did upgrade to a glass plate on the
bed, but even before that it ran fine.

I got a bed leveling sensor for $15 but still haven't got around to
installing it as I haven't really had much trouble with levelling the
bed with feeler gauges.

It arrived pretty quickly, I think something like only 2 weeks.

Prints to 235x235x250 and if you add the glass bed $30 you can print
over the levelling screw locations.

I bought a bunch of thermal silicone heatsink pads which I placed under
the glass bed to allow heat transferrance to the glass and meant I
didn't need to use alligator clips to hold the glass bed in place so I
can print over the entire surface of the glass.

Michael
*