[chbot] DIY CNC

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:26:27 BST 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the epic fail of last night's demo. It is
*precisely* what the emergency stop button is for.

Here is the link to the original design. The videos are quite entertaining,
and the plans are sufficient to make something that works, whilst leaving
room for interpretation and improvement.

https://www.homofaciens.de/technics-machines-cnc-v0-6_en.htm

There are other great designs and ideas on his site.

As I said, I wanted to make the machine more versatile, so I am running
grbl to drive it:
https://github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki

This is currently being controlled by bCNC:
https://github.com/vlachoudis/bCNC

And of course there are two Arduinos (Arduinii?) doing the stepper motor
control conversion:
https://github.com/misan/dcservo

(and one more driving the servo).

Andrew