[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 17 Aug 2020, 630pm, 5 Idris Road

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Aug 17 11:01:20 BST 2020

Hello everyone,

Surprisingly good turnout with 20 attendees, and lots of huddles-of
tech-talk. $110 + change (in gold, and flat-money) collected and
transferred into the robotics loose-change jar (for later banking).

This high $$ contribution to our host club is due to the very kind
donation, and sale of equipment from Robin Gilks.

We also had a couple of new members turn up - welcome.

Quick reminder: equipment donations are welcome for the trading table,
but no CRT based product, printers, toner or items that are likely to be
a disposal burden. All sales from the trading table should go into the
brown box on the wall, and are directly for the benefit of our host
club, NZART Branch 05.

With thanks on behalf of the group,

Mark Atherton

============
Mark talked about the linear Xray detector. He also demonstrated the
MK-IV Electron-Gun-Modulator.

William demonstrated his modified daisy-wheel printer, along with the
latest upgrades to his home-made 8 bit machine.

Andrew E took some time to show off the latest upgrades to his home-made
CNC mill.

Bevin brought in Monroe LA6 mechanical calculator he had recently repaired.

Andrew D brought along an ESP32 based, opens source watch. He talked
about some of his adventures.

Robin brought in a large collection of components for sale, with the
profits going to our group. Thank you very much Robin !