[chbot] Recommendations for a phone/vendor

Neil chchrobotics at rui.nz
Wed Oct 23 00:58:16 BST 2019

> Time for a new phone.
>
> Android

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) specifically because it's
supported by [LineageOS](https://www.lineageos.org/).  Installation
was painless and the LineageOS installation has been stable.  It's not
the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy but it renders OpenStreetMap
well enough for NZ geodata.

> Removable battery

The battery on the Galaxy A5 is built in unfortunately.

> 3.5mm headphone jack

It has this.

> USB OTG

And this.

> USB charging

USB C, so you may need new cables but they seems to be better made
than cheap USB micro B cables at least.

>  >2G RAM

3G RAM

- neil