[chbot] Wifi security lights

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:20:37 GMT 2019

You may want to take a look at Philips Hue. Again not cheap but pretty polished. There are also a bunch of third party API’s which will let you control them from the command line, cron, other devices etc.

There are also some devices which are compatible with the HUE bridge but which can turn on and off lights among other things. It is zigbee but the hue hub connects via ethernet to the network for control via wifi.

Finally, my understanding is they have just announced an outdoor motion sensor and out door lights.

If you have problems finding them, just let me know. As mentioned, the Philips Hue range is not exactly cheap. But it is pretty polished in terms of easy for most people with a smart phone to use.