[chbot] Linux KDE (or maybe Gnome) gurus

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat Jul 14 00:21:20 BST 2018

> Hi
>
> Have you checked the syslog to see if there are any errors?
>
> If you're using Ubuntu/Debian
>
> tail -f /var/log/syslog
>
> or CentOS/Red Hat
>
> tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> and then run up Saleae.
>
> If there are no errors try running it in the command line and check for
> errors.
> Saleae is a Python app, isn't it?? Python 3.7 was just released, have
> you upgraded Python?
>
> Darran

Running the later versions, the command line speel is the same for both
displaying and non-displaying versions. A few warnings from libpng "iCCP:
known incorrect sRGB profile" but they are common to all versions.

Nothing in the syslog (I thought initially maybe a permissions problem
with the X server socket). Cleaning /tmp with a reboot hasn't helped.

The application was running OK and it has worked fine for months, just
stopped and the only update I can find in the apt update log (and in
/var/cache/apt/archive) was libsoup and libsoup-gnome which are an HTTP
client/server library for gnome - not exactly display oriented!

I'm running 1.2.5 OK but it struggles to handle 4 channels at more than
16MHz which is hurting my debugging (especially SPI @ 21MHZ!!).

--
Robin Gilks