[chbot] New Zealand Space Challenge

Brindsley Archer brindsley.archer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:27:25 GMT 2018

Hi all

I went to the launch of the New Zealand Space Challenge yesterday and am
sure some of the readers of this list would be interested in it. I am not
sure whether it has been very widely publicized. See
https://www.nzspacechallenge.com/

Specifically, the 2018 New Zealand Space Challenge is to:
Use new or current technologies or data, in space or on the ice to, (a)
find the best methods to identify hazards and map a path across the ice,
and/or (b) design or prototype new sensor systems and algorithms to help
vehicles navigate across the ice in Antarctica.

The NZ Space Challenge runs from 1 February to 30 April 2018 and the
national winner will be announced during Techweek at the ChristchurchNZ
Extreme Environments – from Antarctica to Space event on 24 May 2018.

Regards
Brindsley