[chbot] Very interesting 3D CAD program! (Synco Reynders)

Geoff sdfgeoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:33:04 BST 2018

A bit off topic, but I thought I'd mention that for some recent 3D printing
work I've been using solvespace <http://solvespace.com/index.pl>. It seems
a little primitive occasionally (no chamfer or bevel tools), but it has a
very uniform way of doing things and quite a nice workflow. (and it
defaults to a black color scheme).
It's a bit different from other CAD's I've tried, but after playing with it
for an hour or two, and watching a few youtube videos, you'll have figured
it all out. It really is a very small/simple CAD system. In fact, it's
small enough and simple enough that there is an experimental web version
<https://files.whitequark.org/SolveSpace/solvespace.html> running entirely
the browser without any server-side magic!.

I wouldn't use it for huge projects, but for 3d printing robot legs and
servo brackets, it's worked out very well so far.

Geoff