[chbot] Very interesting 3D CAD program! (Synco Reynders)

Neil Stockbridge chchrobotics at rui.nz
Wed Aug 1 12:57:09 BST 2018

> Also Fusion360 does not support Linux.
> And like Andrew I like OpenSCAD.
> However recently I've been using (still learning) FreeCAD. It wraps in
> OpenSCAD with Python, with Finite Element Analysis (FEM) and lots more. So
> I've used it to simulate the thermal flow and forces in a water-pipe
> heating element.
> Keen to know if there are any other FreeCAD users in the group... as I've
> got heaps of questions.

I like OpenSCAD too but I've been learning some FreeCAD from video
tutorials because it's more child-friendly.  The constraints-based
solver is something I now miss in OpenSCAD.  I doubt I'll be much help
with the questions though since I'm still trying to figure what "Body"
and "Part" are for now I've got 0.17.