[chbot] FabLab Christchurch workshops

Jeremy Reeve jsr73 at uclive.ac.nz
Sat Oct 14 00:17:16 BST 2017

Hi Mark,

All points accepted.  It was on the advice of the website at the time that members of the public were welcome to visit between certain hours on a Friday that we visited.  Clearly there is some history I am unaware of, however, even as late as February this year they were advertising machine time, both DIY and 'managed' on the public website.

In fact, what I discussed with them was around the model of a working hackerspace and how it can become self sufficient and they were interested in what has been done elsewhere.  Their priorities in terms of serving education were always clear.

The intention was to flag the workshops rather than imply that jobs should be submitted to them.

Cheers.

Jeremy