[chbot] New valve

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 20 23:37:48 GMT 2017

On Tue 21 Nov 2017 11:03:04 NZDT +1300, Colin Isenman wrote:

> So, it looks like a pretty poor amplifier and there must be a cheaper
> way of generating 2nd harmonic distortion!

That's what I thought too, but hey, it wouldn't glow in the dark... ;-)

Surely the same effects could be created digitally. But then we're
talking audiophiles here, not a group known for entirely rational
thinking - just look at all the OFC (that's oxygen free crap) out there
for 10x the price, because it "sounds better"... ho hum.