[chbot] Sticking SMD LEDs to alu

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jun 28 03:03:53 BST 2017

I have a pile of warm-white LEDs that'd be good for small lighting
applications, like the corner of a cupboard. Some are straight SMD (but
not tweezer size), some are mounted on a small ceramic/etc plate.
Basically, all lighting LEDs are SMD because that's the only way to get
the heat off.

Ideally I'm imagining a sticky heatsink compound because it deals with
both mechanical and heat problems. Has anyone tried that? And what's the
recommendation for which compound to use...? There's lots of stuff on
aliexpress, but how to avoid wasting time and money on too cheap stuff
isn't obvious.

Thanks muchly,