[chbot] Impromptu Robotics meeting

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 5 10:53:57 BST 2017

Hello all,

Twas a wild an windy night, and no one was stupid enough to attempt
using the BBQ outside of the radio club.

However a frying pan was found, along with a few kilos of onions,
ketchup, sausages, and many people bearing gifts of meat, and bread.

Given the complete lack of preparation for the event, it all went
reasonably smoothly, and most pitched in to help clean up the mess.

Overall about fifteen people turned up, with BR05 members just about
outweighing robotics members (figuratively, no literally, I think...)

Synco turned up with his mate Andrew who gave an impromptu demo of a
farming telemetry system he is working on.

Also, Synco brought along one of his autonomous flying machines, and
gave us an update on progress.

Donated food just about met dining requirements, and hopefully BR05
might be willing to donate heat and light for the event (or we will pass
the hat around next meeting).

Regards,

Mark Atherton