[chbot] IoT from Vodafone and Spark.

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 06:19:29 BST 2017

Hamster,

I don't think there is much commonality in IoT space (apart from lots of
hype which ever way you look). That's why you see both BTLE chips that run
for a year on a coin cell as well as a gas-guzzling Intel Atom both being
pitched as being perfect for IoT.

If you add wireless security cameras etc to the IoT space, then Mbits
starts to make some sense.

They might address different markets, but I would think it hard to see them
being complementary (ie in the sense of being used together). Who would
want two IoT bills on top of your broadband bill just so your fridge can
tweet your washing machine?

One thing's for sure though, they will have to settle on some standards to
support plug and play otherwise the industry won't gather traction.