[chbot] WTB SLA/Gel cells 12V 12Ah

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Wed Aug 30 07:40:49 BST 2017

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a 12V 12Ah battery to resurrect an old UPS.  The best
> price
> I have found is $57.44 inc. from PBTech.  Can anyone suggest a
> better/cheaper source?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew
>
> https://m.pbtech.co.nz/product/BATSNG1212/SYNERGY-A12-12-AGM-SEALED-LEAD-ACID-BATTERY-12V-12

Since its generally heat that destroys SLA batteries in a UPS, then
putting a couple of cheap (even second hand) 7ah alarm batteries in
parallel outside the case is an option. Find an alarm/security
tech/contractor and see what they have changed out due to age rather than
state of charge. Probably pick up a boot full for scrap!

For fitting inside, the nearest I came up with was 9ah from tastech.co.nz
@ $39inc.

Depends on what uptime you're looking for and on how accurate the float
charge mechanism for the batteries is.

--
Robin