[chbot] Any Xilinx Vivado experts out there?

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Tue Apr 25 22:10:10 BST 2017

Hi Charles,

Had a look at
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf,
page 584, and it looks as though it should be possible.

Are you using
a HDL top level or a block/IP top level design?

If you are using a HDL
design, the PS7 component should just expose the signals you need, so
add signals to your top level and wire them through, plus add location
and I/O standards to the .XDC file.

If you are using a block top level
design, then you have my sympathies. You will need to create/add a new
Port (and maybe define the port definition if the existing one in the
catalogue only have RX+TX signals present) and then try to make it
connect to the UART port on the PS7 block.

If you want, I can try it
at home and let you know how I get on.

I haven't watched all 18
minutes of it, but this looks to be somewhat useful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fynCwxBMMM

On 26.04.2017 08:25,
Charles Manning wrote:

> Botters,
>
> I have a very frustrating thing
I am trying to solve with using Xilinx Vivado to set up what should be a
very simple bitstream.

> I am using a Zynq and all I want to do is
hook up the EMIO RTS and CTS signals to PL pins.

> I have taken an
existing "getting started" Zynq design for the Zynq and have turned on
the extra UART signals so I can see them in the processor block diagram
in block design view.

> Now I'm struggling with what should be the
easy bit: define input and output pins and hook them up.

> I tried
"make external" which creates ports for these signals, but those do not
turn up in the pin planner.

> Can anyone lead me through this?

Thanks

list Chchrobotics at lists.linuxnut.co.nz