[chbot] TMS320VC5502 DSP, part of the C55X range

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 4 19:18:08 GMT 2016

Hell everyone,

Do we have any C55X gurus on the list ?

I have been given a pile of RF modems which look like they could be used
for Amateur Radio applications, but the associated DSP looks like a real
pain to work with.

So far, I have an XDS100V2 JTAG unit talking to the radio via Code
Composor 6, and have some idea how the baseband IQ ADC/DAC talks to the
RF subsystem via an up/down convertor.

Main issue is (strangely enough) getting my head around the available
memory spaces. Some are byte addressed, some are word addressed, and
some use a shifted address space.

In relative terms, the C55X seems very poorly supported in terms of forums.

I am not interested in help with memory management techniques, I just
need a few minutes help from some poor soul who has direct experience
with this family.

Many thanks,

Mark