[chbot] Cruising aliexpress again!!

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Wed Sep 23 10:04:51 BST 2015

Well I was cruising about aliexpress again and thinking about something as
cheap as an AVR but quicker and maybe 32 bit so I've got some of these on
order.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/STM32F103C8T6-ARM-STM32-Minimum-System-Development-Board-Module-For-Arduino/32246273606.html

I'll have to create low level functions for timer, serial, spi and 1-wire
but otherwise all the BeRTOS code I already use for various AVR project
should just work.

What I need is a toolchain and a suitable C library for a STM32F103C8T6 so
looking for suggestions of either a .deb binary download, the magic to
generate a cross compiler in OpenWRT or some other way (I used to use
Gentoo crossdev but am now on Debian!).

No idea if the devices I have ordered have any sort of boot loader (am I
right in thinking the STM32 series has a serial loader in mask ROM?) so I
have a cheap st-link V2 on order as well!

So that's half of this months toys, what to get with the other half :)

--
Robin Gilks