[chbot] [OT] Marketing vs Engineering - the Intel x86

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:35:22 BST 2015

Unfortunately Intel still seem to have this mindset. Instead of generating
great products (which they are capable of), they continue to try to body
slam the industry.

Intel have amazine process capability that allows them to take a rubbish
architecture like x86 and still make a reasonable go of that.

What would be amazing would be taking that Intel process capability that
gives them Atoms and applying it to a modern architecture (eg. ARM). That
would put them ahead of anyone else.