[chbot] ESP8266 Modules & solar load management

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Sun Mar 15 21:35:29 GMT 2015

After removing a rats nest from the roof, I'm thinking of building a
IoT-enabled Rat Trap for in the roof cavity. Does anybody have one of
these modules that I can acquire?

Mike

On 16.03.2015 10:14, Richard
Jones wrote:

> Does anyone have any ESP8266 Demo projects to bring
along this evening?

> I'm considering using the ESP8266 modules as
part of a distributed load management system to extract the best $ value
from the solar panels on my roof. The Meridian Power export tariffs
change for the worse in July. So I'm considering a system where
import/export power is measured and reported by a server and remote
devices decide how much power to use based on what is available.
Suggestions and advice welcome. http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/ [4]
will be my starting point.

> The water heating load is relatively
easy to control, next will come ventilation, spa and electric car
(dreaming a little here...).

> I'll probably buy the ESP-12 variant
unless someone knows better?

> See you all this evening at Callaghan