[chbot] naming of variables

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Wed Aug 5 22:55:58 BST 2015

They are all pretty sane and well justified to me.

I strongly
agree with like adding units on variable that hold quantities. I sit on
the fence of the "uint8_t" vs "unsigned char" debate.

The taxonomy
idea is a bit silly. I would just say put the noun before verb - e.g.
picture_new() and picture_draw(), not new_picture() or draw_picture()

One I don't like is that you shouldn't use acronyms in variable names
global_positioning_system_latitude is silly - and he can pry 'c', 'i',
'j', 'k' and 'n' from my cold dead hands :0!

On 06.08.2015 06:42, Mark
Atherton wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This man has some opinions on the