[chbot] TCS3200 anyone?

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat Apr 11 08:25:03 BST 2015

> On Thu 09 Apr 2015 22:34:05 NZST +1200, Richard Jones wrote:
>
>> I'm sure
>> there is an open source video program somewhere that would be a good
>> starting point for doing edge detection and correlation on live video
>> using
>
> Not if Robin wants to start selling his nut machines, the GPL doesn't
> allow for that (others might, but aren't as common). Unless Robin puts
> all the source code up for download before shipping units...

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

 * Nothing in the GPL stops me from selling stuff
 * The source code does NOT need to be available online
 * The source code does NOT need to be available before a product is shipped
 * It does NOT need to be supplied to all and sundry.

The source must be made available *on request* and a reasonable charge may
be made for the medium on which is it delivered to a paying customer.

--
Robin Gilks