[chbot] TCS3200 anyone?

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Apr 9 11:09:38 BST 2015

> I'm picturing a narrow, segmented conveyor belt with a small walnut sized
> cup on each segment.
>
> The cups run past the detector, and then a bit further on a compressed air
> jet is triggered when a dud goes past, blowing it out of it's cup sideways
> off the conveyor belt into a catch tank. The good ones just drop off the
> end of the conveyor straight into the shipping container.

I'm thinking more like a channel sorter but with only 1 or 2 channels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_sorting#Channel_Sorters
provided I can get the angle such that the nuts aren't going too fast past
the detector.

Rather than providing a compressor, I'm thinking more solenoid driven flap
that steers nuts to one of 2-3 destinations.

Still the problem of getting a steady flow of nuts onto a conveyor or
channel shute without them bridging over the outlet of a hopper.

I feel a cardboard model coming on...

--
Robin Gilks