[chbot] Suitable Epoxy

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 00:47:18 BST 2014

sounds like you need a rigid substrate.

---------

how about building the gubbins dead-bug-style on a piece of bare PCB
fibreglass, and tacking in place with standard epoxy.

attach cable sheath to PCB with cable ties

add a coating of RTV letting it fully cure

add heatshrink

---------

so rigid assembly, mechanical decoupling of  the wires, waterproof
RTV and heatshrink mechanical protection

if you pull on the cable, the force is then transferred to the
assembly substrate, not the wiring.

-mark