[chbot] Suitable Epoxy

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 00:35:49 BST 2014

> I am honoured with the effort you have put in to this.
>
> Also, possibly the best back-handed compliment for quite a while :)
All is fair when the swords are out.

> Are you sure the water is at 100c ? Our tank only goes up to about 65 ...
Yes, I would go so far as to say that due to pressure the temperature
sometimes exceeds 100. It is a solar hot water system, and in summer it can
be a rapid boil!

> Have you tried RTV, letting the potted area fully cure before applying
heatshrink ?
Yes and no. I don't want to do this due to the lack of mechanical strength.
The ic's are not on a board and i have ripped the legs off them far to many
times, so want something rigid.
Not a bad fallback tho. Usually applied the heat shrink before it is
cured...

As for shoe goo, Max temp is 66 deg C

> Hope to see you this eve.
Small people this week 8), so no 8(

Hopefully by next time I will be able to scare you all with my car charger
8)