[chbot] multiple chocolate fish challenge (or how to search our archives)

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 12 21:16:23 GMT 2014

On Thu 13 Nov 2014 06:51:36 NZDT +1300, Mark Atherton wrote:

> I though we only held the archives in Gzip'd format

Well that's most splendid, or is gzip too much for windows? ;-)

Download the gziped archive to your hard disk. Unpack it. Run your
favourite text search. Works on any device, any OS, any time of day, and
shock, even without Internet!!

I keep all my list emails on disk since I subscribed. Search is a
non-issue. For this reason alone I will never participate in any online
forum that supposedly replaces an extremely efficient mailing list. I
have yet to find one advantage of a forum.