[chbot] UNI-T UT390B Laser Range Finder Distance Meter

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:10:11 BST 2014

Hm, it looks like the laser and sensor are inside the pretty sizeable
rotating part... is that a good idea? How does it electrically connect
to the fixed parts? Does anyone know how these perform in terms of wear
and lifetime expectations? Why not use a rotating mirror instead? Would
that not be a lot less complicated, and smaller and lighter, too? Or
does that not work well for 360-degree scanning? Not that I know much
about these things - I am just intrigued.

And for drool factor, check out this range
http://www.sick.com/group/EN/home/products/product_portfolio/laser_measurement_systems/Pages/indoor_laser_measurement_technology.aspx
- for pricing on these, I would guess just add another zero at the end
of the RPLIDAR...

Kind regards,

Helmut.

On 10/07/2014 3:50 p.m., hamster wrote:

> I saw this Laser Rangefinder on Seeed yesterday
>
> http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/RPLIDAR-360-degree-Laser-Scanner-Development-Kit-p-1823.html
>
> Most probably only useful indoors, and very pricy too, but has a very
> high drool-factor.

[...]