[chbot] Toaster oven reflow

Michael Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Wed Jan 8 17:44:48 GMT 2014

Hi,

For my Christmas project I've been learning how to reflow SMT PCBs in a
$29 Warehouse toaster oven.  It works really well, at least on my small
boards. I've got a small stack of excess PCBs and components that I am
baking every now and then to practice and tweak things.

If anybody else wants to pop out to Springston and have a crack at
assembling a board then drop me an email.... I would bring it along to a
meeting but I can't get out in the evenings (and am not sure if Tait
would like us cooking boards in their meeting room).

I used an FPGA to do the controlling (as I had everything to hand), but
you could get away with pretty much and $2 microcontroller...

http://hackaday.com/2013/12/28/a-fpga-controlled-reflow-oven/

Mike