[chbot] Repairing a 2.25mm shaft

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 04:52:14 GMT 2014

In a time now long past I worked at an optometrist's briefly, and we had
some really nice small-size brazing kit there to repair broken
spectacles frames. That kind of tooling makes jobs of this size a
breeze. Not sure, though, whether optometrists these days (throw-away
culture...) are still doing this kind of work. But this could easily be
found out by ringing one or two. My next best guess, if you can't do the
work yourself, would be watchmakers or dental labs.

Just some ideas if for some reason you can't do it yourself.

Oh, and step changes in the diameter of shafts are not a good idea
regarding long life - a smooth transition without sharp edges is far
less prone to suffer from fatigue failure. But you already knew that,
and then you didn't design the thing in the first place...

Kind regards,

Helmut.