[chbot] OT: VOIP phone services and hardware

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Oct 10 23:09:37 BST 2013

Richard,

You could also get a *real* VOIP phone for a similar price to the
Linksys ATA, but of course you wouldn't be able to run analogue
extensions. The good news is that it is easier to haul around.

I would bother re-provisioning Cisco or similar VOIP/SIP capable
phones, they are designed for corporate infrastructure and a lot of
fiddling will be required.

Also have a look at the Linksys ADSL2 + (2 x VOIP) + Wireless + QoS
Router something like
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/251354588605>http://www.ebay.com/itm/251354588605
-- analogue + wireless VOIP in a single box.

Most interested to see how you get on with this project

-Mark